5/24/2013

Outline (the intro)



I find, as I continue living this life, there are many facets of thought God placed inside me that I have yet to explore. My curiosity and inquisitiveness keep on growing.

As I began to live a slower pace, I realize my childhood imagination has surfaced again. It takes me to places I cannot physically go; it allows me to question as well as perceive in a rather interesting manner. I don’t pursue it, it pursues me.

I thank my heavenly Father for giving me the personality to never (except the summer after the 7th, grade) be bored in my life. A little more boredom may have been good for me at the time.

I always longed for security; I don’t know why this was so important at such a young age other than God putting it in the heart of humans to desire it.

 When I came of age, I accepted his gift of salvation and gave my little girl’s heart to Jesus; security was mine.

I know He made me; I know He loves me, and watches over me. Therefore I am in love with the scripture below; what a life foundation.

Psalms 139: 13-16: Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother’s womb. I thank you, high God, you’re breathtaking! Body and soul I am marvelously made. I worship in adoration, what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body. You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, the days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day.    (MSG) The Message

What a sense of security this still gives me.

So having said all this; I know, that you know I am founded in faith and scripture, and I feel free to offer a bit of poetry that may have been preconceived so long ago (while drawing; I was always drawing) in my 7th. grade mind on a long hot summer afternoon, that dragged on forever…

Outline (the poem)

If I was just an outline of a person drawn with indelible ink; I ponder; how would he, my God in his artistry, fill in the empty spaces?

Would he use his mighty hand to shape and mold my inner self? And would the breath of his Spirit blend me in ways to color my soul?

Will he tint my heart with iridescent love and let it flow through all my empty, but longing places?

“Fill me Lord!” I plea, for I am flat in form and without dimension; lying on a canvas, void of color or life I wait.

His pallet is covered by faith; I invite him to splash me so freely with grace.  I await the touch of animation as he paints salvation in me.

I sense a stirring, a mixing of flesh and soul, a shading of emotion and logic, embedded while innate.

A background is stretched taut under my frame; there is no past to erase, I will live now and then, so divine.

I am not a sketch with shattered lines and uneven planes; I have been created by the Master’s loving hand.

By eternal fingers, quickened am I, made new, a masterpiece, a special design, brushed with his reflective glory…I shine.

I am all filled in; all filled up; I am complete. I live! But yet…

Galatians 1:20
The life you see me living is not mine, but it is lived by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.
(MSG) The Message




1 comment:

  1. I visited many sites however the audio quality for audio songs existing at this web page is in fact excellent.


    Here is my website 학생/청년반 - How to obtain a Low-priced Consolidation Mortgage

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note ♫ No spam please, promise?