5/09/2012

Blessing Upon Blessing

(an archived post)


But God has given us his Spirit.  That’s why we don’t think the same way that the people of this world think.  That’s also why we can recognize the blessings that God has given us.
1 Corinthians 2:11-13

It is early evening; the long lazy summer has arrived.  God has laid His gentle, warming hand on us.  From my side door today, I watched as the willow tree filled over and again with songbirds.  They were taking a break and cooling off among its branches.  I saw them preening and ensnaring the tiny bugs that have been drawn there to nibble the fresh green of the leaves.  These feathered-covered “melodies” swoop into my yard, and I fear that other four-legged visitors may hurt them.  However, if even one sparrow falls, my Lord knows it.  I realize that God has sealed the concern that I carry in my heart; He has given me the treasure of His compassion.


Just beyond the tree is my purple butterfly bush, and it is brimming with the beautiful  creatures of its namesake; I watched earlier today as they erratically fluttered by.  They are here in abundance this year, most are black with blue spots; there are some monarchs, I think.  Plenty of little whites and yellows are riding the air currents.  God has brought excitement to my yard; He desires to excite my heart and lift me up.

The heavens have finally released my humming birds; they have arrived late this year but with a voracious thirst as usual.  I think they may rapidly drink my hibiscus dry of its nectar.  They become quite sassy with me before the summer is over ~ we usually have several stand-downs: they do their helicopter thing near my nose; so I hurriedly sit; they win; I don’t care; I just enjoy;  He gives me joy.

God blesses and refreshes me through His nature; there is such beauty all around!  I find as I think of His “earthly” touch, I began to take it personally, and I know “This feeling is a gift.”   He chooses to please the artist leanings in me through my eyes, and I give thanks.  My heart sings “thank you,” reflecting my pleasure.

Be still and listen; and when I do, once again I am touched as God tickles my ears.  The distant roar of summer built thunder, the contagious laughter of neighborhood children, even the low buzz of bumblebees please me.  There are times, especially in early twilight, when the noises blend together and in my mind, they become the sounds of His earth engine running smoothly along.  All seems well with God’s world.  He brings me peace.

May kindness and peace be yours from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness.
Revelation 1:5a

And now night is quickly coming on as I walk in my yard; the atmosphere is dense with the spicy aroma of multitudes of blooming plants.  I stand still and let the heavy curtain of dew laden scent waft through my senses; I think, “This is a perfume I could offer to my God!” At this moment in the dusk I worship, and He is near.

I praise my heavenly Father for gifting me with compassion, lifting, joy, and pleasure.  His peace and nearness bring blessings upon blessings!

I think I can rest on this!

Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ for the spiritual blessings that Christ has brought us from heaven! 
Ephesians 1:2-4
All scripture: CEV (Contemporary English Version)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note ♫ No spam please, promise?